“Kids this age are well aware of what is happening in the world near them and globally, and want to be part of something bigger than themselves to affect positive change. They are learning how to BE the church, to make a difference and influence their generation.”
In this age group, students begin to take ownership of their faith through these three basic truths:
- I will love God because He will never stop loving me.
- I will follow Jesus because He knows me better than I know myself.
- I will live out God’s Big Story so others can know who Jesus is.
Your child’s well-being and safety are our highest priorities and we can assure you that they will be in good caring hands.
- All of our full-time volunteers have been screened (look for the photo ID lanyard).
- Adult to child ratio of 1:12 is enforced.
- We cannot accept any children who have been ill within the past 24 hours. Signs of illness: fever, vomiting, recurrent cough, discolored mucous discharge, less than 24 hours on an antibiotic.
Upper Elementary ministry uses XP3-MS (middle school) curriculum from Orange/rethink Group. This curriculum is more than just sermons and games (although we’ve got plenty of those). It’s a strategy designed to speak directly to 5th and 6th graders – and the people who invest in them, too. Don’t miss out on the Parent Cue flyers at the beginning of each themed unit with some ideas for how to expand on each topic at home in meaningful ways.
Upper Elementary is open during the Saturday 6pm, Sunday 11am and Wednesday 6pm services.
Upper Elementary Coordinator:
Vesta Greene 314.292.8300 x2132 / email@example.com