Special Edition Ministry is designed to give one-on-one care for children from toddler age to young adults who live with a mental or physical challenge. Grace Church believes that ALL children are special to God and that He has a plan and purpose for each one of them.
We minister to those with a variety of special needs such as:
✔️ Downs Syndrome ✔️ Autism ✔️ Bipolar Disorder ✔️Seizure Disorder ✔️ADD & ADHD ✔️Cerebral Palsy ✔️PTSD ✔️ODD.
While in Special Edition they will experience a time of worship, Bible stories, prayer, snacks, crafts, fun play time, and a lot of love!
If you have a child or young adult, with Special Needs, or know someone that does, we want to encourage you to call and speak to our Special Edition Coordinator. Another option is to simply come by, visit our area and see how we minister to these very special children/youth/young adults.
We meet every Sunday during the 10 am service in the Gymnasium.
EXPLORE SPECIAL EDITION
Family Welcome Area / Check-in
Here is where families will be welcomed with open arms as they encounter a space designed specifically for their needs. In this area, families and volunteers can:
- Meet/connect with other families/volunteers
- Give each child, teen, or young adult a chance to acclimate to the Special Edition area
- Meet with Special Friends staff members
- Learn about the programs offered or fill out/update registration forms.
- Take the necessary time to help your child, teen, or young adult transition safely
Play with Purpose
Our Special Edition space was designed with therapeutic, social, and educational purposes in mind. These areas include:
- Music cubical
- Optic light and bubble tube room
- Tactile cubical
- Cause and effect cubical
- Gross motor development space (gym)
The Worship and Teaching Area
The worship and teaching areas are designed to teach the Bible while appealing to individual learning styles. Accommodations and modifications are made to meet sensory, emotional, and learning needs, allowing all Special Friends to learn and worship in a way that is meaningful for them.
The worship & teaching areas are equipped with:
- Interactive technology
- Adjustable lighting
- Movable seating
- Tools to accommodate a variety of communication styles
Volunteer Action Center
The Special Edition ministry would not be possible without the dedication and willing hearts of our volunteers! Volunteer Central offers a place to:
- Pray for the upcoming service with our Special Friends
- Meet a volunteer team for pre-service huddles
- Prepare snacks for our Special Friends
Restrooms are design to accommodate the physical and sensory needs our Special Friends. Each restroom provides ample space and necessary equipment to ensure comfort and safety.